Minneapolis is a world-class city, with fabulous shopping, dining, and entertainment along Nicollet Mall, the Warehouse District, Hennepin Theatre District, and at the Mall of America. In the City of Lakes, outdoor festivals are enjoyed year-round with a back drop of spectacular natural surroundings and the Mississippi River winding through. Learn more about Minneapolis here

How to get to and from the MSP Airport

Light Rail Transit

Light rail service to the airport is available. Trains stop at both the Lindbergh and Humphrey Terminals and connect travelers to 15 other destinations, including downtown Minneapolis to the north and the Mall of America to the south. For more information, visit

Super Shuttle

The Super Shuttle is a shared-ride airport shuttle, providing door-to-door ground transportation. Discounts are available for those who register online prior to arrival in MSP. Learn more at


There are a number of taxi companies that service the MSP airport. Downtown Minneapolis is approximately 16 miles from the airport, with fares averaging $32 - $42.



Letter of Invitation

Participants who need a letter of invitation for visa purpose, should send the request to

New Authorization Required for Travel to U.S. (Effective January 12, 2009)

All nationals and citizens of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who plan to travel to the U.S. for temporary business or pleasure for 90 days or less will be required by law to obtain travel authorization prior to initiating travel to the United States.

(Travelers from countries not in the VWP are still required to obtain a Visa prior to entry into the United States.) 

Checklist for the Visa Waiver Program

  • You must obtain authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a free Internet application administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  • Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your stay in the US.
  • The purpose of your visit to the US must be for business or tourism, with a maximum stay of 90 days.
  • You must have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination.
  • You must show that you intend to stay 90 days or less and have sufficient funds to support yourself in the US.

 Additional information here.




Copyright © 2009 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, All rights reserved.